Friday 26 October 2012

DAY #26 OF THE 31 DAYS OF HALLOWEEN

Welcome today #26 ..(.the full blog roll is in my side bar...) i have a new challenge and another DT project to share with you.
Firstly we have a new challenge for you at DELICIOUS DOODLES.... Its FRIGHTNIGHT
I made a dimensional skull and cross bones using one of Teri's images..... 8 layers to this one..... fussy cut and dipped..... well half dipped half at a time and spooned over....its the biggest one of these i've done and forgot that the melting pot pan isnt very big really :)
I distress painted a plaque with black and red paint....added 'Fright-night' then glued my skull on. Hope you'll be able to join us this week....HALLOWEEN IS JUST AROUND THE CORNER.
Next its another day for me at DE-STEMPELWINKEL...... poor devils...... anyway i did some more altering...this time a mortar and pestle i picked up somewhere.
I used a lovely black satin paint.... teamed with silver.... and stamped a skeleton frog from
DE-STEMPELWINKEL.... fussy cut and pasted it to the mortar..... i have given the mortar 2x coats of glaze but i think it needs a third.
 I have left the inside of the mortar and the end of the pestle plain wood just because i liked the contrast.
See you tomorrow for DAY #27 BDx
I'd like to enter the following challenges....
http://craftuscrazy.blogspot.co.uk/ BLACK AS THE MAIN COLOUR
http://scrapbookstampsocietychallengeblog.blogspot.co.uk/ MAIN COLOUR BLACK
http://simplycreatechallenges.blogspot.co.uk/ ANYTHING GOES LINKY PARTY
http://gloomy-art.blogspot.co.uk/ HALLOWEEN
http://crafterscafeblogchallenge.blogspot.co.uk/ HALLOWEEN WITH DISTRESSING.... the plaque.

23 comments:

  1. Absolutely fantastic. You are such an inspriation and I want to try all that you present. Great work. Thank you for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful mortar and pestle!! And your fussy cutting makes me wonder what else you have time to do. This piece is gorgeous and I'm so glad you referred to the size of the pot! I was wondering how to manage larger pieces!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was amazed at the dimension on your skull and crossbones now I know! I agree the melt pot is not big but it still great! Your mortar and pestle alteration is out of this world. Such fantastic work as always. Love, Vee xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi my friend this is awesome love it
    hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so proficient with scissors that you could probably fussy cut in your sleep! I love the Skull Plaque and your Mortar and Pestle set is beyond amazing! You rock!

    ReplyDelete
  6. love your 3 d projects , they always look so real

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing! Love the skull and the mortar/pestle!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooooooohhh aaaaahhhhh, wow! LOVE LOVE LOVE your creations, fab job!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love both project, but my fav is the skull.
    Hugs,
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG!! How do you do that? Love them both! xD

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! I just love your dimensional skull! Wonderful plaque. And that mortal and pestal is so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love love love your projects! They are both amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. stimulating to my brain and eyes...i love your wonderful amazing art.
    hugs,
    susan s.

    ReplyDelete
  14. WOW! These are both amazing projects, I absolutely adore the plaque, the skull looks so amazing and the painted background is beautiful. The pestle and mortar is also really gorgeous and such a great idea, both really inspiring pieces
    Lindsay xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow! The two works are wonderful, but the mortar is my personal favorite ...... great work

    thank's to join Gloomy Art

    greetings Sternglanz

    ReplyDelete
  16. stunning.
    Thanks for join us at the ScrapbookStampSociety challenge.

    Greetings Karin

    ReplyDelete
  17. Nice job marialex Crafter's Cafe Challenge Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow another great one!
    It's amazing.
    Thanks for joining Gloomy Art :)

    Hugs Arwen

    ReplyDelete
  19. You make such amazing projects! Your talent never ceases to amaze! I love that about you! It is always such a joy to drop by your blog! :) Thanks for playing our challenge at CCCB. I hope to see you back next month! Good Luck~Patti CCCB DT

    ReplyDelete
  20. this is amazing - thanks for joining us over at the scrapbook stamp society for our black challenge! Rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  21. super cool, thanks for joining Simply Create!!!

    ReplyDelete