Monday 17 May 2010

Stampinsanity

Well i was stunned to find out that i am the 'APRIL GROOVY PARTITION WINNER'... thanks guys.
This weeks challenge is to either make a background using a technique that they.... the groovy girls have outlined on the blog or use a background you have made yourself.
My backgroung is made using white acrylic paint mixed with a little washing up liquid and applied with a sponge.... the small picture below show the texture slightly better than this one.... you can make wonderful storm cloud formations with it on black card.... i also dabbed just a tiny amount of silver acrylic in as well just to catch the light... i then used a CHERRY PIE tree to stamp branches around the edge.
The image is a new digi from stamps happen http://www.stamphappens.com/shop/ coloured with copic and promarkers and dabbed with black ink... as normal!
I mated the image/background on to a piece of brown card that i distressed then on to a piece of basic grey paper i inked the edges of, then on to my black card base.
I used a black ribbon, knotted and frayed, mounted on to distressed brown card just to finish this card off.
Isnt she a beautiful vampire?
Thanks for coming to visit.... Go and check out the STAMP INSANITY BLOG...click on the title... they have an adoreable digi image up for free... just become a follower please... although you dont have to but it would be nice... these are great challenges and a super talented DT to give you loads of inspiration.
Thanks for visiting love lynx


14 comments:

  1. my my my... You have been a very busy girl haven't you? This is STUNNING. I love her eyes. And then I thought, what is that background made of and I started reading your words. Acrylic paint with washing up liquid? Oh I am gonna give that a try for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning and thank you for explaining a fabulous new technique.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow this is stunning. Love your background and you colored the image beautifully. Thanks for joining us at StampInsanity.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! Lynx, you are amazing! This is gorgeous!! Incredible! That image is just awesome and the background you created is out of this world perfect for it! Beautiful work! Thanks for sharing with us at StampInsanity

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so not my medium...but I really like the images and the way you portray them! Very nice...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well all of our mixups have been worth the wait!!! THIS is GORGEOUS!!!!!! I'm stunned with the background! You did a simply STUNNING job with this!!! I love how Darcy is colored too. The whole project is a huge WOW!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is absolutely gorgeous, Lynx!! Fab background, and your coloring is awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your card is very Noir, love it. Thanks for the instructs on the background, think I will use that for Halloween, might make a great ghost.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a stunning card, Lyn! Excellent background!
    Hugs, RobinJ

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Lyn
    This is so amazing. I love the effect with the acrylic paint mix. I find it disturbingly restful just looking at the artwork given the image is a vampire. If I had any wish granted it would be to be as good as you.
    Helen xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Unbelieveably cool background, Lyn! Love the image too! xxD

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lynx, you always blow my mind! I am once again bowing down to your greatness!!! You are always so inspiring! Thank you for playing along with StampInsanity again!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Lyn (again) - Just to let you know - I've been playing with your technique - I love it. Thanks for the inspiration.
    Helen xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, that's amazing. Thanks for joining us at StampInsanity.

    ReplyDelete