Thursday 19 February 2015

SMEARED AND SMUDGED MEMBERS HOP (FEBRUARY)

It's that time of the month again when SMEARED AND SMUDGED hold a members hop,
FEBRUARY'S THEME IS



Below is the full blog roll, please visit all these amazingly talented ladies
to  see each of their unique takes on this intriguing theme.
Black Dragon you are here!
Susan R.

I had so much fun with this theme... that I actually did 3 pieces....
2 I'll show today, the 3rd I'll show on my next SMUDGY ANTICS post on Sunday.
I played with stamps and clay again....

I used SMEARED INK RUBBER for all 3 pieces.... gorgeous quality...so deeply etched....
look at the detail below.


I used an embossing folder to get the brick-stone effect.
 Can you believe it....? Usually when I play with clay and make fairly large pieces they break
and crack.... NONE of these pieces did! So i had to deliberately break them to get the cracks
required!
Again look at the detail in the clay... love it!
I painted both with acrylic black paint then dry brushed with grey and cream to bring out the detail
and give them a stone effect.

 Now off you hope to the very talented TERESA who'll have something unique and special
to share with you.
Thanks for stopping by... please give the SMEARED AND SMUDGED GROUP on
facebook a look... we'd love to see you.
BDx


9 comments:

  1. Wow so beautiful project...that girl fits perfect in clay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous....such a shame you 'had to' break it!! Why did I not think of using embossing folders to impress the clay???? Once again BD, I bow to your creativity, and thank you for another inspiring piece xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I gotta get some clay! these are absolutely fabulous! Great idea using the embossing folder, too. xxD

    ReplyDelete
  4. AWESOME !!! You are always such an inspiration BD :-D xxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. The depth and stone look of this is amazing! I love stamping clay but your arrangement of stamps and the colors to make the stone look take this to a whole new level!! BD, you are amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are just fabulous BD. I am always envious of your clay work and I love how these have turned out., might have to try this someday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are gorgeous....You are making me need the rubber. Thank you for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So gorgeous BD! Always so awesome to see your wonderful clay art! Thanks so much for sharing!~kim

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love these! I'm such a fan of stamping into clay and just love the effect you've achieved with your cracks and paint!

    ReplyDelete