Thursday 13 November 2014

Smeared and smudged members hop for November.

Our challenge this month is 
TRANSPARENCY
Here  is the full blog roll for you... 
please visit all these talented ladies to see how they interpreted this theme.

Black Dragon .....you are here...
Evil Edna
Jessica
Karen
LeslieRahye
Nanette
Kim
Sarah N
Keren
Susan
Sarah S

Here is my ''Transparency' project.
Have you ever tried to stamp onto a canvas?
Well I have.... it didn't work to well.... 
so I'll show you a nice little cheat.
Stamp onto white tissue paper.....
 Use watered down PVA glue..... 
 .... and stick your stamped tissue paper on your canvas...
 the tissue paper goes totally transparent and you keep the lovely texture of the canvas.
Allow to dry  then colour with whatever you fancy...... 
 I used pencils and pastels.
Thanks for visiting..... hope you'll be totally inspired by everything you see during this hop.
BDx

11 comments:

  1. Great idea, BD! Will have to try this. xxD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for the tut! I love to work on canvases when I can afford them but as you said stamping was out. That's when my love of cereal boxes emerged (no pun intended:)! These skulls are great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. really cool, I will give that a go.EE

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great tip...certainly something I will use!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cool technique! I can't wait to play with it! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous little canvases! I love playing with tissue paper and the way it turns transparent is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such awesome lil canvases! Love them! The tissue technique is wonderful. So good to see you on this hop!~kim

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooooh - very cool. What a brilliant solution. Thanks for this BD :-D xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fantastic idea and it looks great!
    Hugs, Elenor

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooh what a brilliant idea!! Love the image you used and the fact that the canvas texture still shows through is fab!

    ReplyDelete