Monday 29 June 2009

Art adventure... DAZZLE OF DRAGONFLIES

The challenge at 'ART ADVENTURE' this month is 'a dazzle of dragonflies'.
I have tons of scrap cardboard laying around so i thought i'd use some of it for this project.
I took a 4''x4'' square and distressed it...alot! I gave it a watered down coat of acrylic paint, stamped it with a 'crafty individuals' dragonfly stamp and added another set of wings stamped on vellum. I added lots of bits and bobs i had laying around... all salvaged or scraps from other projects... and finally i stamped a larger dragonfly... i think its from stamp addicts... correct me if i'm wrong!!!... on to vellum, painted its body and tail with silver ink and added glass beads them attached it to the 'card' with silicon so it looks as if its just landed.
Below are some close ups of the dragonflies.
Thank you for taking the time to come and look.
xxx lynx










9 comments:

  1. Its lovely...I like it a lot!!
    Great use of recycled materials too.
    Thanks for joining in with us.
    Linda x
    ABAA

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Lynn, it's beautiful! All the lovely little details, I really really love it. Just fabulous!
    Gini xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely Fabulous! Love the subtle colour palette you've used, and the 3D nature of the piece. Great work and thanks for joining in our challenge!
    Love
    Rosie ABAA

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely Gorgeous. One of my favourite sort of stamps too. Love how you have used recycled materials, something I never think of doing.
    Beautiful colours also.
    Hugs
    Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very unique and beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's hard to use such a muted colour scheme of whites/off-whites in any kind of art,but you've succeeded in doing it well!Nice mix of the ethereal and the everyday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great details and I like the 3D effect. Very romantic and gentle.

    ReplyDelete